“Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” – Zig Ziglar
“Anchoring” is a term used to describe the common tendency to rely too heavily—or “anchor”—on just one piece of information when making decisions. The bias comes into play when an individual fails to appropriately adjust to any new information because they are anchored to an original reference point. Coaching clients to find a balance between healthy amounts of both optimism and pessimism may be challenging, but providing the right level of support can help clients become more self-aware of their behavior and subconscious tendencies, and improve their financial decision-making.
We'll be discussing:
- How anchoring bias and human tendency influence investor behavior relative to financial planning, decision-making, and outcomes
- Qualities of Optimistic and Pessimistic investors and how those qualities play out in their financial journey
- Adjusting your client- approach based on known biases
Our guest speaker for this continuing education session is Brie Williams, from State Street Global Advisors.
How to check your current Continuing Education (CE) status:
- Log into your CFP Board account.
- Select My CFP® Certification in the left-side navigation.
- Select View/Report CE under the heading Continuing Education (CE) Summary.
- Log into your Investments and Wealth Institue account.
- Navigate to the Renewal Requirements area of the dashboard.
- Select the CE Summary button and you'll be provided a summary of CE courses/programs that have been reported to your current renewal period.
Helios Quantitative Research acts as a white-labeled CIO for Financial Advisors across the world. We transform Financial Advisors into full asset managers by helping them create, implement, monitor, communicate, quantitative investment strategies. We currently influence over 100 advisory firms that collectively manage over $30 billion in assets under management. Learn how we are working through the current crisis.