“There is nothing certain, but the uncertain” – Proverb
Crises can trigger panic for clients, ultimately leading to costly short-term investment decisions.
Today’s COVID-19 pandemic is scary—so scary that “playing it safe” to avoid losing money may seem like the only rational strategy. However, in the past 50 years, we’ve seen repeating patterns of crises and the market’s continued resilience. History shows that long-term investors who, in spite of their fear, stayed the course through crises and remained focused on their financial goals have been rewarded.
We'll be discussing:
- The relationship between stress, anxiety, and crises
- How investors’ instinctual behaviors can put their investment returns at risk
- Steps to help your clients maintain perspective during a crisis
Our guest speaker for this continuing education session is Mike Lynch, from the Applied Insights Team at Hartford Funds.
How to check your current Continuing Education (CE) status:
- Log into your CFP Board account.
- Select My CFP® Certification in the left-side navigation.
- Select View/Report CE under the heading Continuing Education (CE) Summary.
- Log into your Investments and Wealth Institue account.
- Navigate to the Renewal Requirements area of the dashboard.
- Select the CE Summary button and you'll be provided a summary of CE courses/programs that have been reported to your current renewal period.
Helios Quantitative Research acts as a white-labeled CIO for Financial Advisors across the world. We transform Financial Advisors into full asset managers by helping them create, implement, monitor, communicate, quantitative investment strategies. We currently influence over 100 advisory firms that collectively manage over $30 billion in assets under management. Learn how we are working through the current crisis.