[button link=”https://heliosdriven.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Retring-the-Old-Age-Story-Advisor.pdf” color=”orange” newwindow=”yes”] Slide Deck Download[/button]
“It`s not how old you are, it`s how you are old.” – Jules Renard
When it comes to retirement planning, or even those currently living in retirement, investors struggle to define what it is that will make this phase of their lives fulfilling, energetic, and exciting. It seems that many are planning to live a retirement that’s largely based on the myths, traditions, and expectations of those generations that have come before, even though today, investors may experience this phase of life for a quarter or even a third of their entire life experience.
Some investors look forward to, and enjoy, the traditional retirement story, that’s filled with rest, relations, and leisure. This story of retirement may include golf, bike rides, and beach walks. But after they retire, they find that this leisure-filled retirement isn’t what they expected it to be. They find themselves bored, disengaged, and regretting a lifestyle that they were told they should be enjoying.
We’ll be discussing:
- How today’s concept of “retirement” came to be and why many of our ideas about retirement are outdated or just plain inaccurate
- How to help investors not to allow ageism to impact their views of capabilities in retirement
- How to work with investors to write a new story of retirement, based on the character, setting, plot, conflict, and resolution particular to each investor, for a more well-rounded realistic, and exciting vision which can be used as the basis for planning going forward.
Our guest speaker for this continuing education session is Bill McManus, from Hartford Funds. How to check your current Continuing Education (CE) status:
- Log into your CFP Board account.
- Select My CFP® Certification in the left-side navigation.
- Select View/Report CE under the heading Continuing Education (CE) Summary.
- Log into your Investments and Wealth Institue account.
- Navigate to the Renewal Requirements area of the dashboard.
- Select the CE Summary button and you’ll be provided a summary of CE courses/programs that have been reported to your current renewal period.
Helios Quantitative Research acts as a white-labeled CIO for Financial Advisors across the world. We transform Financial Advisors into full asset managers by helping them create, implement, monitor, communicate, quantitative investment strategies. We currently influence over 100 advisory firms that collectively manage over $30 billion in assets under management.