Monday, Jul 25

Weekly Talking Points for Financial Advisors (7/25/2022)

As an OCIO, Helios distributes a 19-page Weekly Report to member firms every Friday, which includes risk level summaries, model allocations, detailed model positioning information, market index information, and much more. Here, we are sharing discussion points for Financial Advisors to use with their clients which we provide in the Weekly Report.

Read the highlights of this week's commentary from Helios:

Initial jobless claims are starting to slowly tick up from their historic lows, rising for the third week in a row to 251K, up from 197K and 166K in mid-March, which was the second lowest reading on record.

Leading Economic Index fell 0.8% in June, below expectations, with consumer expectations being the largest detractor within the index, while interest rate spreads were the largest positive contributor.

There are a few big decisions and releases coming up. The Fed is meeting on July 26th and 27th, and the second quarter GDP report comes out the next day on the 28th. As of Friday at noon eastern, the market expects an 81% probability for the Fed to hike by 75 basis points and a 19% probability for a 100 basis point hike (which is down considerably from the week prior), and the latest economist survey by Bloomberg has the median GDP expectation of a 2.2% annualized rate of growth.

Want to learn more about Helios Quantitative Research? Click Here to schedule a meeting with one of our representatives!

Team Helios

Team Helios

Helios partners with Financial Advisors to help them grow their business, save time, and add scale to their services through enhanced asset management capabilities. Helios was founded in 2016 in Granite Bay, California.